Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chicken Fingers


Time to do something with chicken... how about.... CHICKEN FINGERS! Chickens don’t have fingers you say? Well, that may be a topic for debate, but in the meantime I can certainly make "breaded" chicken deliciousness.

1 lb chicken
1 egg
1 cup (maybe more) almond flour
paprika, salt, pepper, italian seasoning blend

First, cut up your chicken into finger sized pieces. In a small bowl, beat the egg. In another dish, put in almond flour, and seasoning to taste. I threw all kinds of flavors in there, but you could also make it really simple with just salt and pepper. Just lick your finger and dip it in the almond flour blend to see how it will taste as breading. Turn on the oven to 400º, grease a large stone or baking pan, and line everything up. I found it easiest to use a fork to dip several pieces of chicken into the egg, let the excess run off, and then put in the almond flour. After I had several pieces in the almond flour, I put the lid on the container and shook it around to coat the chicken, before using my fingers to transfer coated pieces to the pan.

Bake at 400º for about 20-30 minutes, until cooked through, flipping once. Let them cool a couple minutes on the pan before transferring to your plates and dipping in homemade ketchup.

(I think I like almond "breading" even better than the usual grain version :)

1 comment:

  1. This was a delicious recipe!!! The almond flour made it taste like chicken nuggets from a restaurant. Yum, yum, yum!!! :-) I love you site, I just found it a few days ago and it is awesome! I would love to see more from you if you're still doing GAPS. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

Related Posts with Thumbnails